Follow Watford Health Campus on twitter: @healthcampus
Health Campus Hits Another Important Milestone
MORE ABOUT WATFORD HEALTH CAMPUS
The Watford Health Campus scheme is a long-term project that has at its heart the delivery of new, vibrant community in the west of Watford.
This brings with it an exciting opportunity to improve the area surrounding Watford General Hospital, much of which is currently derelict, contaminated and unused.
Over the last few years a significant amount of work has been undertaken to develop and progress the vision for the Campus and to create an exciting, new community in West Watford that will deliver:
- the opportunity to develop facilities at Watford Hospital, which serves up to 500,000 people
- new employment space and up to 1,300 local jobs over the lifetime of the projuect
- around 750 much needed new homes, including 35% affordable homes
- improved open public space that will be easy for the community to get to and enjoy
- a link road and access road to the hospital site which will help reduce congestion and allow much easier and quicker access for hospital vehicles, patients, staff and visitors
- cleaning-up of former industrial and contaminated land
- a community garden where local people can enjoy the benefits of growing fresh produce
- a neighbourhood centre in the west of the town, including facilities such as local shops and services