Planning application for Health Campus road - approved
LEP invests in Watford to drive growth in Hertfordshire
The Watford Health Campus scheme is a long-term project that has at its heart the delivery of new hospital facilities for Watford and the wider community in south-west Hertfordshire.
This brings with it an exciting opportunity to improve the area surrounding Watford General Hospital, much of which is currently derelict, contaminated and unused.
Over the last few years a significant amount of work has been undertaken to develop and progress the vision for the Campus and to create an exciting, new community in West Watford that will deliver:
- the opportunity to develop new, modern hospital facilities and services, serving up to 500,000 people
- new employment space and up to 1,600 local jobs
- much needed new homes, including affordable homes
- improved open public space that will be easy for the community to get to and enjoy
- a link road and access road to the hospital site which will help reduce congestion and allow much easier and quicker access for hospital vehicles, patients, staff and visitors
- cleaning-up of former industrial and contaminated land
- a community garden where local people can enjoy the benefits of growing fresh produce
- a neighbourhood centre in the west of the town, including facilities such as local shops and services