LATEST NEWS: Allotment decision endorses Health Campus
The Watford Health Campus scheme is a long-term project that has at its heart the delivery of new hospital facilities for Watford and the wider community in south-west Hertfordshire.
This brings with it an exciting opportunity to improve the area surrounding Watford General Hospital, much of which is currently derelict, contaminated and unused.
Over the last few years a significant amount of work has been undertaken to develop and progress the vision for Campus and to create an exciting, new community in West Watford that will deliver:
- the opportunity to develop new, modern hospital facilities serving up to 500,000 people
- new employment space and up to 1,600 new local jobs
- much needed new affordable homes
- improved open public space that will be easy for the community to get to and enjoy
- a link road to the hospital site which will help reduce congestion and allow better access for hospital vehicles and visitors
- cleaning-up of former industrial and contaminated land
- a community garden where local people can enjoy the benefits of growing fresh produce
- a neighbourhood centre in the west of the town including facilities such as local shops and services